It is currently November 19th, 2017, 12:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hello from Glasgow
PostPosted: March 19th, 2012, 2:37 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Alchemy67 wrote:
Do you mean the bit I have arrowed?
If so, I will get some better pictures for you, the car is going in for two new front tyres tomorrow, so if I remember will do it then.

Yep, that's it. Not sure what it's purpose is. Does it act as a seal or is it just for looks?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: April 24th, 2012, 1:44 pm 

Hi, sorry it has taken so long to answer, as far as I can see it is of cosmetic use only, not sure how it is attached, no visible signs, maybe glued?

The car is booked in next week to get the bodywork done and a full respray, will try and get some more info then, after that the wheels are getting a refurb, will try and get some photos but the workshop is not that handy to visit on a daily basis.

My Dad just got his MG Maestro Turbo done by the same Company, looking good.

PostPosted: April 24th, 2012, 2:25 pm 
Paid Member
Paid Member

Nice maestro! Not many of them left now. A mate of mine had one a couple of years ago but it broke everytime he drove it!!

I have a spare set of fully re furbed and diamond turned prelude wheels if your interested. They where done by pristine wheels. I dont need them as i use mugens on mine. They have done about 20 miles since!

PostPosted: April 24th, 2012, 2:46 pm 

nismo wrote:
Nice maestro! Not many of them left now. A mate of mine had one a couple of years ago but it broke everytime he drove it!!

I have a spare set of fully re furbed and diamond turned prelude wheels if your interested. They where done by pristine wheels. I dont need them as i use mugens on mine. They have done about 20 miles since!

Not many left at all, only 29 on the road, my Dad's been very lucky with his Maestro No. 395/505, well documented and with low miles it's leading a very pampered life.

That is exactly what I was thinking of getting done to my wheels. I already have a spare set of wheels that I put on last winter, not that the car was used much anyway, and I really don't have the space for a 3rd set, but it's good to know in case I change my mind, thanks.

PostPosted: April 24th, 2012, 3:27 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks Alchemy for clearing that up. I may start looking for one later this year as I'm really starting to like the way it breaks up the rear of the car.

Wow, very nice MG Maestro Turbo. I've only seen them on the net as we never got such cool cars here in the states! Looks like the company did an impressive job on getting it to shine like that. Definitely tell you father to not let that car go.

PostPosted: April 24th, 2012, 3:29 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

nismo wrote:

Not to steal your thread Alchemy, but I may be interested in your wheel set Nismo. Got any pictures you could post in the general section? Mine have so much curb rash it's not funny and I hate to see the repair bill when I go to them quoted.

PostPosted: April 24th, 2012, 3:44 pm 
Paid Member
Paid Member

Always had a soft spot for the maestro . I had the philips cassete player out of one in my first prelude back in 95. Orange display, graphic equiliser and powerfull back then, loved it!

Good luck with the re paint, look forward to seeing it done.

Nathan, there might be a picture of them in my intro thread, if not i can send you pictures of them on friday when im back from holiday. There better than new as the centres are clear coated not dull and rough like when they left the factory. 8-)

PostPosted: April 26th, 2012, 1:16 pm 

nismo wrote:

Thanks Nismo, if it looks as good as yours does when it's finished I will be delighted, it really does look great. Ever had any problems with the older style number plates?

PostPosted: April 27th, 2012, 7:21 am 
Paid Member
Paid Member

Alchemy67 wrote:
nismo wrote:

Thanks Nismo, if it looks as good as yours does when it's finished I will be delighted, it really does look great. Ever had any problems with the older style number plates?

Yeah only once. I was askes to bring it allong to a chav car show to put on my mates wheel stand. There where young lads doing wheelspins and driving like idiots all over the place and what happens.........they pull me over and fine me 30 quid for the plates!!!!

Still ise them though, just have to run the risk because i love the look so much.

PostPosted: May 10th, 2012, 3:24 pm 

Here is a couple of pictures of my car taken by my Dad a few days ago while he was visiting the workshop.

The windscreen was leaking quite badly, turns out it has been repaired before (badly), looked a bit nasty, other then that apparently no surprises, still on track to get it back next week.

PostPosted: May 10th, 2012, 3:36 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Extremely jealous right now, wish I had mine in the shop though I think I'm finally getting around to putting long hours into her. Hope you can get a proper windshield put in and sealed correctly, heard so many horror stories of people not knowing they leak and before you know it.....boom....rust in the pillars and you'd never find it.

Thanks for posting more pics, love to see a lude in restoration.

PostPosted: May 10th, 2012, 3:48 pm 

It appears to be quite a common fault on cars with bonded windscreens, my Brother had a Jaguar XJ-S that had exactly the same problem. Luckily mine wasn't too bad, only the part that had been repaired before was particularly bad.

PostPosted: May 14th, 2012, 9:49 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Glad you caught it before it got any worse. When are you scheduled to be out of the shop?

PostPosted: May 14th, 2012, 9:53 am 

Should have got it back on Saturday but they were having problems removing the sunroof, it has now been removed and I have been told it should be ready to pick up on Wednesday afternoon....Watch this space! :lol:

PostPosted: May 14th, 2012, 9:57 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've had some problems removing the sunroofs before. They're overall heavy and all one-piece which makes them simple to remove but heavy when leaving in the car. It's almost a 2 man job without running the risk of breaking it.

I'll be watching this thread and waiting :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next